Monday – Friday
10:00 am – 05:00 pm
19 Ffordd Llanbad,
Rhondda Cynon Taf,
Get in touch
“AJM Fire Prevention Ltd” is a limited company providing effectual consultancy in fire safety management; to employers, occupiers and owners of premises adhering to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and the Licensing Act 2003 (Public Safety Objective).
The companies’ successful fire safety consultancy is based on many years of experience within fire safety enforcement; and relevant academic qualifications from acknowledged institutions of higher education. This knowledge and experience ensures the company provides a high quality of service, whilst remaining cost effective to the business.
Fire Risk Assessment
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, requires a fire risk assessment to be carried out in virtually all buildings in England and Wales, other than domestic dwellings. Similar requirements apply in Scotland under the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005, and in Northern Ireland under the Fire and Rescue Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006.
A fire risk assessment carried out by AJM Fire Prevention is a process involving the systematic evaluation of the factors that determine the hazard from fire, the likelihood that there will be a fire and the consequences if one were to occur. There are both qualitative and quantitative methods of risk assessment that can be used.
Following on from an assessment of risk, AJM Fire Prevention can provide advice and guidance on addressing the identified significant findings to ensure compliance with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, Fire (Scotland) Act 2005, Fire and Rescue Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006.
Examples of the types of consultancy include:
- Design, specification and project management of fire detection and alarm systems in a wide range of premises
- Design, specification and project management of existing and proposed active and passive fire protection systems
- Preparation of a fire safety strategy
- Development of a fire management plan
- Fire engineering solution for means of escape routes and exits and excess travel distance
- Negotiations with enforcing authorities regarding fire engineering solutions
Fire Safety Training
AJM Fire Prevention provides a half day training course, which is exclusive to the needs of the delegates, with an all-round knowledge of what to do in the event of a fire and practical hands on experience of using a fire extinguisher.
Our fire safety course, or fire awareness course, covers the following topics:
- An explanation of fire precautions in the building
- Means of escape
- Action in the event of fire
- Means of raising the alarm
- Means of summoning the fire and rescue service
- Action on hearing the alarm
- Location and use of fire extinguishing appliance
- Types of fire extinguishers Practical exercises
Call Us for a Quote Today!